Colorbleed Animation Studios is looking for an experienced Senior Character Animator. Animating in a wide range of styles you will produce stand out animation for commercials and game cinematics.
The Senior Character Animator’s primary function is to create a high-quality character or creature animation for ongoing projects whilst supervising and overseeing the animation of a sequence of shots on a specific production.
- Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project for both primary and secondary characters and elements;
- Participate as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis;
- Produce high quality work at a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines;
- ‘Mentor’ entry level Animators and assist them with their shots;
- Ongoing communication with Production and Animators regarding schedules and deadlines;
- Since we are a small team working on a wide variety of project sizes you’re often both involved directly with the director and hands-on animating as the lead animator;
- Perform other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
- Animator at heart: You rock at creating quality animation, are capable of following a given style or technique defined with the director and love to be hands-on animating;
- A leader: You are experienced managing others. You’re not afraid to manage outsourced animation as well as to be a mentor and pipeline owner for the animation team;
- Collaborative: You are able to work with other departments to make sure you have the rigs available to animate what you need and deliver the final animation to the other departments;
- Self-motivated: You can use your creativity to bring fresh ideas to the table without requiring constant supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of animating with Autodesk Maya;
- Able to communicate fluently in English (& Dutch is a plus);
- Must have full working rights for the Netherlands and hold an appropriate visa where applicable;
- Expert key frame animation skills – demonstrating feature quality animations involving complex facial emotions, body mechanics and lip syncing;
- Comfortable with technical pipelines in a production environment.
Nice to have
- Maya rigging knowledge is a big plus
- A genuine interest and experience in directing. If you love to potentially take the role of (Animation) Director as creative lead in a project we are open to make that work!
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills
Working at Colorbleed
We have a fun, informal, open and ego-free culture and value everyone’s creative ideas. From concept to delivery we work closely together towards a common goal, creating spectacular animated experiences the audience won’t forget. And aside of just teamwork on stunning creative production we team up regularly for a spot in the unofficial Colorbleed foosball tournament and go out on Fridays for a drink in the center of Utrecht!
We are a team of animators and storytellers, designing engaging characters and producing memorable stories that evoke emotion.
We encourage a friendly and almost home-like work environment for our top tier in-house talent.
At Colorbleed we work with a broad range of clients in the advertising, broadcast, film and entertainment industries. We pride ourselves in working with clients that challenge us to produce projects in style, scope or story that seem daunting to others. Whether it’s the big or the small, we animate the story.